Sunday, October 10, 2010

Did I mention I'm going to a microbrew fest next week?

Call me a fucking pussy or whatever you want, but I have been and am currently on a no-beer diet. Hey man, every now and then, you do look down at that beer gut and the pride you feel 99% of the time about it just isn't there. And by isn't there, I mean the pride, not the gut. The gut is ALL there. And I have spent years working on my beer gut, it's not something I take lightly. Also it's not that I'm not drinking, it's just not carb-overloaded beer. But don't worry, come microbrew tasting time next week, I'll be back in the game. Call it a situational crisis beer detox.

The one thing I do want to talk about ahead of a report on the microbrew fest - October 20, motherfucker! - is the Endeavour samples I got sent. New microbrewery based in NSW producing two products - a Pale and an Amber. Now note, any positive comments I have to say about these brews I say without any bias which is difficult when you get beer samples delivered to your door... shit man, if Cooper's sent me Pale ale through the mail I'm sure I could be turned back... well, maybe... well probably not. But there would be drinking involved.

So yes, I'm happy to report that both the Pale and Amber were fucking delicious. Both super smooth - the pale more about the honey, the amber more about the banana. But both with a great balance of flavours and just exceptional all round. I like my smooth ales and these both put a giant tick in that particular box. The only criticism is that they need different labels to distinguish between the pale and the amber. Drunk folk wouldn't be able to tell the difference - I confused a bayonet and screw light globe the other day, ended up with the wrong one, very upsetting. Aside from that, can't recommend this brewery highly enough, good work folks - more about them here - www.endeavourbeer.com

So the next blog will be later next week post-microbrew fest times, and the balls of a hangover I'll no doubt be suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment