Thursday, September 23, 2010

How do they expect me to get any work done?

I had a pretty intense White Rabbit White Ale (VIC) craving last night, so I went over to Harvest to have it satisfied. What was intended as a quick six-pack purchase turned into my most expensive beer purchasing venture yet. Really not helped by the new Weihenstephaner glass in stock for starters... but what ended up killing my wallet in the end was this:

Absolutely glorious.

Though given Unibroue's decision to no longer export its products from Canada, I am stuck with a terrible problem... do I enjoy this in all its delicious glory? Or do I keep it for awhile so that I can wake up every morning, walk into the kitchen and bask in its awesomeness? Or do I make sweet, sweet love to it?

Yeah I don't know, it's a hard call... but I'm fucking thrilled with this purchase, that's for sure.

Now as for reporting on the other three beers from the last batch, none were particularly spectacular. The Dieu Du Ciel Aphrodisiaque (CAN) stands out most, for being an excellent replica of irish coffee if it were a beer. But just like when Smiths crisps tried out those new flavours a few months ago, why eat a buttered popcorn flavoured chip when you can just eat some fucking buttered popcorn???

The Unibroue Chambly Noire (CAN) was a decent attempt at a dark ale, but really their La Fin Du Monde kills anything else they've made, while the Hargreaves Hill Pale Ale (VIC) was summed up before I even tasted it. I said to the Harvest dude that I'd heard a lot about it, he said "yeah... it's pretty good..." and then I felt a BUT coming on. So I prompted him, to which he said "nah... it's good" but just left it at that. That's exactly what it's like taste wise, good but not spectacular - but I feel this is definitely one that needs to be tried on tap, and that my opinion can be swayed. So if anyone spots this Pale on tap anywhere, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment