Sunday, September 12, 2010

More rad Victorian microbrews and trappists to try

These from old mate Harvest - no, I still haven't been to Slowbeer yet. Yes, I am a lazy cunt.

So one of these in particular is a beer that's been talked about around the traps a lot lately - Hargreaves Hill Pale Ale (VIC). Yet another great Victorian microbrewery in the Yarra Valley region. I'll let you know how it goes... I'm also excited about the 3 Ravens White (VIC) given how consistently great all the 3 Ravens products I've tried so far have been. And of course the Trappists to the right there.

Oh and yeah that is a bottle of pinot noir. I know this is the first time you've seen a non-beer/cider product in one of my photos and don't worry, I don't like wine that much, I'm not converting. But I did have a glass of pinot whilst smoking a cigar the other day (note: I don't smoke anymore, cigars don't count) and it made me feel like more of a wanker than usual and therefore awesome so I see no reason not to roll with that vibe on the odd occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I am a HUGE FAN of 3 Ravens 55 APA - got my local bottle o in Red Hill (near the brewery there) to get it in so now its my sessions 6 pack along with Brewdog Punk IPA and a few others like Red Tail from SA.

    However, reason for approach is Ive been reading your blog and dont have yer email; I'm working on a being released, cellarable + very drinkable amber and pale ale - Would love to send you a sample if you are interested. If so would be great if you could email redbarren at gmail dot com or twitter.com/benbarren etc

    Best, Ben Barren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've gotta try the 55 APA next. So far The Ravenator Bock has topped the 3 Ravens I've tried. And yep will shoot you an email now.

    ReplyDelete